|Made with "Love" Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins|
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 sticks (6 oz) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
10 oz fruit (about 4 cups, fresh or frozen0 or chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan and line with baking cups.
2) In a medium size mixing bowl, sift the flour together, baking powder and soda, and salt. Repeat twice.
3) In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
4) Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Scrape down bowl and add vanilla. Beat for 5 minutes more.
5) Add sour cream and milk and mix to combine.
6) With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined to avoid overworking the flour's gluten.
7) Fold in the fruit (or chocolate chips) gently. Make sure not to overwork the batter by mixing too much.
8) Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. I find using a Muffin Scoop makes this task easier.
9) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.
Find out more about Marta at her website, Sense and Edibility. Interested in purchasing Marta's Book? Order it HERE.
|The stunning Marta!|
|Click Here To Order Your Cookbook Today|